Sunday, March 31, 2019

Magazine Progress- Double page spread

So far for my double-page spread, I have created the layout on how these pages will look like, and later this week I will be finishing it up by writing the article.



Here is how it looks so far:




From my previous research on the double page spread's of travel magazines, I am using the technique that many of them use, which is including several pictures. This is done to entice the viewer to what is being presented and encourage them to visit the destination. In the first page, I will be including a brief explanation about Miami to introduce the reader about the place that they will be seeing. I did not want to start suddenly on the main places I will be talking about, since I believe it does not create a "flow" through the article. In the other blank spaces I will be writing a summary about these attractions explaining the activities they can enjoy doing.

I started off by creating the layout first before writing the article because I believe that it allowed me to have everything organized and allowed me to have a preview on how my pages would look like. This rough draft of my double page spread may change after having my article, but the only thing I would change is perhaps taking out some pictures, but still have enough to attract the target audience.

Moreover, one thing that I found difficult when setting up the spread is editing my pages. This is because I wanted to have the pages side by side and edit them, but Canva (the platform where I edit the magazine) does not let me have the pages side by side. Creating these pages have been a little bit of a struggle, but hopefully it will get easier once I work on my article.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my CCR  !