Sunday, March 24, 2019

Cover page process!

I have finally begun the process of editing my magazine!

I am using the graphic design website "Canva" to create the magazine since I have done projects with it before and finally know how to manage it.  This website also has several templates to use and choose from which has also influenced me in creating my magazine styles.

So far I have created the cover page of the magazine. I made two different versions so I could decide in the end which style I preferred to continue my magazine with.






I chose to use an image of the lighthouse in Key Biscayne in my cover page since it is one of the places that will be mentioned in the article. I felt that the beach atmosphere fit with what I will be talking about which is Miami.

Moreover, I chose these fonts for the magazine because I wanted to portray a sophisticated and elegant mood to my magazine. My target audience is from ages 18-34 which is why I did not want to use anything that seemed immature or informal. The fonts are a key feature to any magazine, it gives the first impression.

I wanted to create a simple look in the cover page to invite readers to not overwhelm the reader with so many things happening at once. Overall, I believe I am going to choose the second cover page because I believe that the first cover page may not appeal to many viewers of my target audience since it does not look as inviting as the second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my CCR  !