Saturday, March 30, 2019

Magazine progress- Table of Contents

Since the cover page is practically finished, this week I worked on and finished my table of contents. 



Previously when doing research for my table of contents, I saw several types of formats to set up this page in the magazine. I preferred using the columns format, where the list of page numbers and their descriptions are in columns underneath pictures that will be later seen. I also preferred the preview format where many pictures that will be featured in the magazine are place throughout the contents page. When making this page, I realized that using these formats was difficult to make. Therefore, I incorporated some ideas of both layouts and made my own. Since my magazine is about travel, I wanted to include a few pictures of different places my magazine is going to cover.  So I included pictures that I took from past trips.

When creating page numbers for the magazine, I spaced out the number range since I believe the articles an the advertisements would take up that many number of pages . My double page spread which will be about Miami, will probably be around 3 pages, however the page numbers are subject to change since I am not completely finished with the whole magazine.  I decided that my overall magazine will not have many pages in general since it will be relatively new and this will be one of the firsts issues to entice viewers.

For the articles that will be discussed on the magazine, I got my inspiration from the photos I took and also travel magazines in the website issuu. This website allows others to access magazines digitally for free. I would browse the articles in the magazines to get inspiration on what I could talk about in my magazine. I wanted to feature in my magazine tips for traveling and traveling inspirations. 

Lastly, for my contents page font, I wanted to use a sophisticated and elegant font to invite the reader to look more into the magazine. I believe that they type of font that I used  appeals to my mature target audience which is from years 18-34.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my CCR  !