Friday, March 22, 2019

Traveling article tips

One major component of my magazine is the article on my double page spread. Since I do not have much experience writing articles, I want to do research on travel magazine articles in order to create an interesting story and entice my viewers.

In order to create a well written travel article I must have a clear storyline. This means that I have to have a main idea of the article and write about it without getting sidetracked. Since, my double page spread article is meant to persuade and inform readers about the city of Miami, I cannot get out of topic talking how the beaches in Miami are similar to other beaches in another country or city. The sole purpose is to inform the reader and attract the viewers about Miami itself.

I also learned that with any article including those about travel, my first paragraph is extremely important as well as the whole body of the article. The first paragraph grabs the reader's attention, it is the first impression to the whole article. If the paragraph is written poorly, this could impact the amount of readers of the article. According to the websites I researched, using a vivid language throughout the story will keep the readers intrigued and want more.

Finally, another tip that I read in order to write a successful paragraph is to have it proofread by another person as well. This is because often times a person may not see the error they wrote unless another set of eyes reads it and points it out.

These tips will hopefully help me when creating the article for my double page spread.




Resources:
“10 Tips for Writing Travel Articles.” Wanderlust, www.wanderlust.co.uk/content/10-tips-for-writing-travel-articles/.


“How to Write a Travel Article: Keep It Practical.” The Travel Writer's Life, 19 Apr. 2017, www.thetravelwriterslife.com/write-travel-articles/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my CCR  !